Happy Spring!

In honor of the first day of Spring and the beautiful day we are supposed to have tomorrow, I am going to show you guys how you can do your own super easy tulip bouquet for your house! I did this a few weeks ago for Tommy's grandma's birthday and took pics along the way.

Supplies:

  • 4 tulip bunches from WalMart $5 for an 8-stem bunch (they sell these at the Neighborhood Market too)
  • One Vase
  • Spool of Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Fill the vase with water and sprinkle in the flower food that you get with the flowers.

    Here is the flower straight out of the package.


    Remove all foliage that will be below the water line. It will end up looking like this:


    Cut at an angle. The container you are using is super important in determining how much to cut off the bottom. With the container I was using, I wanted them to stick up out of the container and stick up about 6 inches. So, I cut off about 1 inch.

    Here is the vase with the first bunch of flowers in it. I just cut the stem and kind of put them in the vase around the entire mouth of the vase, making a circle.
    I bought all my supplies at Walmart, so to determin the number of flowers I needed, I just stuck the flowers in the vase there to make sure the vase would be full.
    Here we are with 16 flowers. You can see how I am going in a circular rotation of adding the flowers.
    Here we are with three bunches of flowers in the vase.
    And, now we are complete! See how easy that was!!


    Even though I am not a huge bow girl, I feel like it is always the perfect finishing touch to a flower arrangement.

    Total cost of this bouquet was $25. You would pay about three times that at the florist! So, try something new this weekend! Or, even try to get some from your yard and you will really have a steal!

    Comments

    Popular Posts