My Go-To Appetizer

As you guys know, cooking isn't really my thing. However, I have one go-to appetizer that I always bring to parties that gets rave reviews - bruschetta. I searched my pictures and it seems that it isn't exactly something I have photographed at said parties, so this is as close as it gets.

The bruschetta is on the far left. Yeah...I know this is a stretch. :)

Of course, the recipe is very, very easy. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too. This recipe was adapted from this one from Kraft foods. So I am not that original. :)

Recipe:

Chop 8-10 roma tomatoes and put them in a bowl

Create the Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing according to the directions on the packet. (I use a Good Seasons Cruet that I bought on the salad dressing aisle.) As a side note, I also make my dressing with the low-fat directions on the packet. It basically is substituting half of the oil with water.

In the cruet add about 2-4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.

Pour over the tomatoes and top with more grated parmesan. I usually use most of the dressing, but probably have enough left over for two small side salads.

If you have no idea what I am talking about when I say "packet of dressing," here is an image. The packets are usually on a high shelf on the salad dressing aisle.

Since I am too lazy to bake baguette slicess (and honestly, they can get soggy in transport), I buy boxes of Old London Melba Snacks. They work perfectly. Maybe even better than a baguette.
Thanks also to Lindsey for reminding me to post this! Hope you guys enjoy!

Comments

  1. That sounds delish. I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting for this! :)

    Also, that purple couch. UG! Not at all what I pictured when you said that lol. A specific taste for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! And you can't go wrong with Melba toast:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats at winning the Sprinkles Cupcakes on Maddycakes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED your bruschetta!! I may have a pic somewhere :) I still need to post those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! I've never made bruschetta before, but love it! This is on my list for Christmas break! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts