Nothing a little hot glue can’t fix

I had a lovely Fall wreath, but did you know that if you keep a wreath in your attic over the summer all of the little balls cute balls will pop and all that you will be left with is styrofoam?  Well, now you do.

Case in point.

Needless to say, I was in the market for a new wreath.  My mom ran across this one at a local garden store:

I liked. Price tag – $75. Yeah, not so much.

So we decided to make a knock off ourselves.

We took the form from above and cut off all the branches.  (We also moved this project from inside to outside.)

Then started adding leaves that I got at Michael’s (two packs) for $7.50.

Definitely my most professional looking picture to date below. (Written with my sarcastic font.)

The final product:

Not an exact knock-off, but not bad for $7.50!

Comments

  1. That looks great! I love when I can be crafty and save money to get the same look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great (especially for 1/10th of the price). I want one now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mom did a great job!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks lovely hanging on your door. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I need to get my rear in gear and do an autumn wreath...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts