Weekly Faves

This week I went to my first Cookbook Club dinner. My friend Megan and Daisi invited my sister and I to come to the first dinner with their new cookbook – Real Simple Easy, Delicious Home Cooking.

Each person brings one item from the cookbook to the dinner and we all discuss the dish (amongst other fun stuff), what modifications you made and what you might do differently next time.

For those of you who like a quick, easy meal, I would highly recommend this cookbook. Everything was delicious and really was easy – as you know is a requirement in my life.

My dish was dessert and I brought Peppermint Brownies. This was honestly the recipe – take one box of brownie mix and make according to package (I used Ghiradelli double chocolate brownies), pour half the batter into the pan (8x8) and then layer with York Peppermint Patties and then pour the remaining batter on top and cook according to directions. Now that is a recipe I can stand behind!

Since we are on the subject of food, I thought these pretzel Christmas trees featured on I Heart Naptimes by Sweet Rose Studio were super cute and looked doable!

I am sure I have mentioned my obsession with polka dots. It’s actually a sickness. I have so many and I just.can’t.stop. A Subtle Revelry had a really easy tutorial on how to make these adorable silver polka dot balloons. Love!

Another favorite from A Subtle Revelry are these really great ideas on what to do with your post-Halloween pumpkins. These are all so pretty/delicious and clever!

I feel like I have seen a lot of ice cream party ideas on blogs, but this one stood out to me because of it’s simplicity of design. Isn’t the little cart cute? See more on Kara’s Party Ideas.

The little angel is now chirping! And I just realized I never posted on her happenings this month. I am sure you have all been waiting with bated breath! More soon!

Comments

  1. Cute ideas and delicious-looking recipes!
    Love, Aunt Angie
    P.S. One thing that we did last year with left-over pumpkins was to spray paint them silver and gold ... they looked like Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts