Secret Keeping

So I have been keeping a secret! We are so excited for Emmy to become a big sister this December! (She is still keeping a poker face on the whole matter.)

iphone pics 041414 297

I am going to try to do weekly bump date posts…but clearly I make no promises. Ha!

iphone pics 041414 128

iphone pics 041414 177

iphone pics 041414 209

iphone pics 041414 271

iphone pics 041414 304

Since it worked well last time, I am going to use my same baby survey. (I can’t tell you how glad I am that I documented my last pregnancy by weeks! So much helpful information!!!)

How far along: 16 weeks

How I found out/told Tommy: Well, things in my stomach just felt weird. I had a sharp stabbing pain a few days before my period was supposed to come (TMI alert – sorry!) and I swear I had round ligament pain. I was supposed to start my period on a Thursday, but didn’t and didn’t really want to do a pregnancy test. So I went on throughout my weekend. Friday night Tommy told me his sister was pregnant (I had a girls’ night that night so I missed the announcement) and I was shocked! I told him I thought I was too and asked if he thought I should do a pregnancy test. He told me “no.” Ha! So I went until Sunday and still nothing had happened, so I decided to take one and it said positive!  I wrapped the test up in a plastic baggy (you probably won’t find this idea on pinterest) and had Emmy hand deliver it to him. He was shocked and I thought it was cute (albeit a little gross maybe) that she was involved in the “announcement.”  We told our family at a dinner when I was about 6 weeks with a key lime pie (so fitting) with Baby S coming 2014. My mom totally didn’t get it. We had to spell it out for her! It was fun to see everyone surprised!

Total Weight  Gain: A couple of pounds? I have not had the same scale, so sometimes it is more or less depending on the week.

Maternity clothes: None so far. I am not looking forward to buying winter ones to wear for just a few months!!

Gender: Coming tomorrow! (If I can get it together!) We did the Maternity21 chromosome test, so we found out when I was about 11 or 12 weeks along. So, so fun to know that early!!! (And so, so thankful baby’s test came back negative!)

Movement: I have felt kicks/flutters here and there. I can feel some at night more prominently, but definitely nothing consistent or strong.

Sleep: It is fine. I wake up at least once a night to go to the restroom. At the very, very beginning I was having trouble sleeping and would be up at all hours of the night worried about how Emmy would handle a  new little addition. I have since gotten over this as I don’t hate my parents for giving me a sister J.

Cravings: Salads, salt and vinegar chips, baked French fries, lemony things, sweet things, really anything. Yesterday I HAD to have tortilla soup. I have also HAD to have a Braums vanilla mix with Heath Bar. Similar to my previous pregnancy.

What I am looking forward to: Seeing baby again and working on the nursery!

Best moments: Finding out that the chromosome test was negative. I was so very thankful! Finding out the gender! Seeing the baby move last week at my appointment!

Any guesses as to pink or blue?

Comments

  1. yahoo!!! so so exciting!!! happy for you!! I will say girl, but it'll be a boy because i'm always wrong, ha! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another Segner Baby!!! So glad the cat is finally out of the bag!!! I'm going to stop commenting now before I stick my foot in my mouth....


    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YAY!!! This is SO exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What is a Maternity21 test? Did your OB do it? I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL, and Emmy will love the little babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! :) So they'll be 2 years, 2 months apart in age. That's just perfect! I'm guessing GIRL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! It's official! SO stinking excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! What exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!!! That is SO exciting!!! Was there something that prompted you to take the chromosome test? Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie! I am so excited for you guys! What a great surprise! I'm going to guess girl, only because your sister has two girls, but it looks like Tommy's side has a lot of boys, so it could go either way. I'm actually horrible at guessing.
    I'm so glad we can experience our second pregnancies and babies together! YAY!!!
    PS: I felt super guilty/stressed about P adjusting to the baby but I guess we'll just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! Congratulations...and I can't wait for the gender reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I can't wait to read the next post now! How far apart will they be? Were you shocked that you were prego or had you be trying?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts